Today was odd day in the sense that I didn’t have to venture off to work, write papers, do an assignment, or anything for that matter. But I did find myself with thick cut maple bacon and decided that was what I wanted to devour in all its glory. I made bacon then fried some sweet potato fries in the bacon fat and made some sweet iced tea to boot. I felt very Paula Deen on this lazy Tuesday listening to Etta James “A Sunday Kind of Love” on a weekday.
I know bacon isn’t necessarily the healthiest food choice, but it still something that I like to every so often “treat” myself with. I just wanted to share a few random facts about Bacon that I recently learned.
- The Chinese began salting pork bellies since 1500 B.C.
- Bacon contains Vitamin B, B12, Zinc and Selenium.
- Bacon Day is held the Saturday before Labor Day.
- Bacon Bits which are found at supermarkets are actually Vegetarian.
- 70% of all Bacon in the U.S. are consumed at Breakfast.
- Check out these and other facts about bacon here.